Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The caravan moves on

(news.lk)Amid allegations and adverse propaganda, SL government is fast progressing with the resettlement of the displaced civilians. Consequently, the government announced a wide range of programmes in which it hopes to improve welfare facilities at camps where an estimated 300,000 civilian refugees are being housed. “A fifth village will be added to accommodate another 40,000 displaced civilians,” Disaster Management, Relief Services and Re-settlement Ministry Secretary U. L. M. Haldeen said.

A large water supply scheme for the displaced civilians was commissioned last week. The project is estimated at $ 3.4 million and co-funded by the UNICEF. “We expect to commission more such schemes soon,” Minister of Resettlement and Relief Services Rishard Badhiutheen said. Full text
Home
Videos